- Folds down when not in use for better aerodynamics and easier access to your garage
- Universal built-in hardware fits round, square, factory or aerodynamic crossbars right out of the box. Optimized for aerodynamic bars.
- Top-of-the-line Hullguard™ padding keeps your boat protected during transport
- SteelCore™ construction uses a steel tube frame for superior strength
- Integrated ramp system makes it painless to load your boat
- Includes Heavy-Duty Straps an Bow/Stern Tie Downs
- Premium heavy-duty straps with coated metal buckles protect boat and vehicle
- Integrated bottle opener
- Lockable with SKS Lock Cores (sold separately)
- Carries 1 boat securely
- Packaged Weight: 16.00 lbs.
- Package Dimensions: L 20.25" X W 10.50" X H 8.50"
- Capacity: 1
Q: What kind of boats work with the BowDown? A: The BowDown will work with many types of kayaks, from touring to rec to whitewater kayaks.
Q: Do I need to use Bow/Stern Tie-Downs with BowDown? A: Yes, all Yakima boat mounts require the use of Bow/Stern Tie-Downs.
Q: Does the BowDown have a kayak width restriction? A: We recommend the BowDown for most kayaks up to 34" inches wide.
Q: Does the BowDown work for carrying fishing kayaks? A: For most fishing kayaks we recommend a saddle set such as the SweetRoll or 2 sets of HullHound as these boats can be big and heavy. Have you seen our RackANDRoll trailers, they are a great choice for fishing kayaks?
Q: What is the weight limit on the BowDown? A: The BowDown has an 80lb weight limit.
Q: Can you carry a SUP (stand-up paddle board) on the BowDown? A: No, we do not recommend you carry a SUP on the BowDown